Welcome to Dj0zMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Dj0zMaps

Home of all my Starcraft and Warcraft maps

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
--- Halted mapping. ---

Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
silent521
Chaos Colossus Helper (Fireball class)
silent521

Location : In La La land on tuesdays and atop the highest mountain on wensdays.

Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:07 pm

Fine that was just random idea, but the idea was that a game made for solo type play. Really I dont like building a whole lot I just like kill things.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Chaos Colossus Helper (Colossus class)
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 8:07 pm

Me too... we're not the RD types xD
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:08 am

Burning_Iegion wrote:
Says one of the best RD players out there. Lol.

Anyways. I didn't choose the path of simplicity and easy mapmaking in RD. Wait, that goes for all my maps lol. I'm not the 1-afternoon-map type.
I can handle balancing stuff as apparently random as RD, and the interaction between a good -solo and a good -kingdom that are allies can just make wonders. Imagine the -solo doing some pro stealth scouting before he comes back in the Kingdom's town and gets the gear he needs, before acting as a highly skilled warlord for the Kingdom's army when they start sieging the town.
You can't get this kind of scenario with cpus, or it would be of a much lower level.
I think it's gonna turn out great when i make the -solo changes and the neutral minitowns.
Back to top Go down
https://dj0zmaps.forumotion.com
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:09 am

Quote :
Burning_Iegion wrote:

Says one of the best RD players out there. Lol.
Just cause I played alot. You'll see how much better people will become after like, 2 months when we make the map famous.
As you saw yesterday, I'd prefer to destroy someone instead of keep working on my base... I'm an agressive, impatient, destructive guy lol... Anyway I might go back to bed now (LOL) cause my eyes really close by themselves...
Bye!
Back to top Go down
silent521
silent521

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:42 pm

Well still why do -solos take over the players units. I thought they were meant for just soloing, not both.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:58 pm

Even if they take the units, they can't build. Though, once a guy (solo) researched ballistics and height after capturing an archer camp and managed to get the bow woman' daughter...
Back to top Go down
Holymage
Active Poster
Active Poster
Holymage

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 12:50 am

Oh yes. I forgot to mention my model's solution to that. Dead empires will be destroyed for an amount of EXP and Gold for a solo, or EXP, Gold and Materials for a solo. The amount given is based on the power of the empire in units and buildings, and game time elapsed.

I guess you can take over empires which leave. I'd love a unit and building degen as a hard mode though, adds to the aging theme. Would probably lag the game to death though.
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:22 am

silent521 wrote:
Well still why do -solos take over the players units. I thought they were meant for just soloing, not both.
That, and what Holymage just said in the post above, is true.

I just needed some kind of reward for them after they destoryed a dynasty, and Holymage just gave the basis of what it should really be for -solos specifically.
This will also save me alot of trouble about restricting what they can build and train, since they will have no units to do that lol.

@Burn: I'm looking forward for this lol Smile .

@Holy: i think the building degen part is unnecessary, even though it could be done without much lag through each building type's regeneration (object editor, putting negative value).
It would force everyone to use autorepairers, and they would cause a real mess running through the whole base to repair everything, etc...
Back to top Go down
Holymage
Active Poster
Active Poster
Holymage

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 7:45 am

Not literal Degen, and its just a passing thought, not in the core model, but if you were really crazy about it you can have buildings morph after they age enough. Maybe like a wonder or heritage site. Although I do think that too much is going to overload the WC3 engine. Maybe SC2 can handle the more complex ideas I have. If you want to hear them then make another post.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 8:35 am

It'd be annoying to have to wait for your building to become half-ruined or repair it all the time.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 8:36 am

And maybe we can assume that while an empire is rulling it's repairing the buildings but when he leaves / king dies... they degen untill someone captures or w/e.
Back to top Go down
Holymage
Active Poster
Active Poster
Holymage

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 9:04 am

I see this needs more explanation. If you REALLY wanted my mode, its that with age comes negative armour on all buildings. This is an age counter. You can upgrade or refurbish a building to set it back to a premium condition (a counter +Armour bonus). Some buildings can become wonders through age, and they are unique. If you want to hear more, post.

Next post on this topic of advanced aging systems will be in a new thread if you wish to pursue and evolutionary style for your empire. Think Age of Empires, the original good one. But mix in age and its effect on infrastructure, maybe a little Civilization too.

I also have plans for simplification of the Map. It may displease a few people who love the 5 tree system, however, but It DOES retain everything from all 5 trees, mainly.

And the hero plans can also be better defined, including empire bounties and Solo domination. Yes, this will include a fair few interesting systems that you might love, and further add to the RPG aspect.

Ask for one of the three. Majority vote wins. In event of a three way Tie, no events will occur. In event of a two way tie, there will be a revote. Also Dj0z can override any poster's vote with his own if he enforces this power.

I'll check back tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 9:34 am

1) Since this "simplification of the map" sounds not in a good way in my ears already, i will ask you about what it would be exactly before i build bad assumed thoughts about the idea, all by myself lol.

2) About the Wonders, i would like to make myself sure that you remember the already existing Wonders of RD.

3) I like your references: Age of Empires and Civilization. I only played the very early AoE's, but i played most of the Civs, and they are games i appreciate much.

Anyways, feel free to make as many new threads as needed, to further discuss more specific concepts such as those you mentioned in your post, since this one should stay on topic as much as possible (a Hero's path) to avoid confusion.
Back to top Go down
Holymage
Active Poster
Active Poster
Holymage

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 9:45 am

Well, you love this alchemy tree, I dont blame you. But a 4 Tree system with the removal of mages from the bookshelf and a reduction of Magic tech trees, instead moving your alchemy plans to split between nature, magic and science. Magic in my opinion is far too complicated, and the bookshelf implicates the mage is a builder. A 4 tree system, with a simplification of kingdoms, and a clear defined pros and cons of each tree. I know you love alchemy, but I ensure you all its features will remain in the game, but under a different name. Same thing with extra magic spells.

Also these Wonders are different, I guess you can name them memorials or heritage sites.
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 10:10 am

Erm..., i think you are mistaking something somewhere, because:
-Currently, there is almost nothing in the Alchemy techtree (1 building and around 4-5 items), so i'm not sure to understand which features you are talking about...
Also, i just found (yesterday afternoon actually) a solid basis and wrote down quite a number of core ideas for the Alchemy techtree, after some extended researches on the subject.
So while i didn't really love the alchemy techtree until yesterday (rather the idea of having it), i might make something really interesting with it in 2-3 days (exams will be Finally over by then).

-Magic and Alchemy have no technical connections at all in the game, on ly the ideas have something to do with each other, while your post seems to associate them somehow, i'm not sure though..
Oh, about the Magic techtree, what you mean is it that the bookshelf makes people think that the mage is a builder?

*I shall do what you said about the "clear defined pros and cons", players should have an idea of where they are going when they start exploring a techtree.

*About those new Wonders/Memorials, why not. It makes sense with the main theme of the game.
However they would need some kind of special feature that has a totally different taste from what Wonders can give as bonuses, to justify their particular type. Best would be that feature making sense with their status of elder respectable monument.
That alone is already difficult, so i'll wait and see what you can come up with, since i can't think of anything yet.
Back to top Go down
silent521
silent521

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 3:12 pm

1. Holymage why don't you write down every idea you have in a different post in RD section. This way we know everything your asking now, and not when we contradict them.

2. Wonders can be built towards a diety. Like Natures can build a giant statue of a Druid.(Just make him a building, Make him not move at all, and make him grey) Then give benefits toward that alignment. Like for example for this guy would be: Money plants grow 40% faster, All units move 20% faster, and Every units has 1.5 times their Hp regeneration.(2.0 times Hp regen for Heros) Choosing a Diety can also make certain units stronger and/or make you lose some. (In this case Night elf like units will be way stronger, but you can't make aprodons(those giant green monsters with the drummer on them. In the end this can add some roleplay value.Make like 2 diety statues per tech tree and stuff.

Last edited by silent521 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 3:18 pm

I like silent's idea about wonders...
And there's already a keeper of the grove statue in warcraft so I guess we can say that now there is a Nature monument... err... wonder xD
Back to top Go down
silent521
silent521

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:22 pm

Thank you Burn.

Mabye even -solos could have a monument. There's would could make them summon a minor hero to help and stuff. Or create creatures.(this could help spend the useless materials that I end up with) Unlike the other monuments they will have to upgrade theirs to make it better. Also they will need to protect this monument.(Give them something like the -kingdoms anti hero guy, for instance let them summon temporary warriors) Of course I don't plan on the solos getting a whole bunch of units. Just something to have. The monument can be summoned anytime, but has only one life.(cost some money and materials of course)

This is just a thought though.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 9:47 pm

Hehe lol I like how I put the word "monument" in the conversation. I got the idea mainly from silent. You see, I used to play a game called Star Wars: Battlegrounds and there every race (was a game like warcraft) had a monument. The empire's monument looked like the Statue of Liberty to me and when silent mentioned druid statue... xD
I might just might log on once tomorrow in the morning since my flight is in 4pm. I can't guarantee it though. Lol the bad thing is that we start school just when Dj finishes with the exams (or just I start school then... 15th sept for me Razz)
C ya guys!
Back to top Go down
silent521
silent521

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:48 pm

I already started school like 3 weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 3:51 am

The deity buildings thing sounds nice, i don't know yet if it should be in the Wonder system or in its own, though.
Back to top Go down
silent521
silent521

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:42 pm

Good question, but in the end they are pretty much the same.

but.....
- Wonders =-kingdoms
- Deity monuments =-solos
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 7:40 pm

Mmmmm...
Back to top Go down
Holymage
Active Poster
Active Poster
Holymage

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:24 pm

What about this one. Solos can pick a religion. As they gain belief points in that religion they gain additional benefits and penalties. Points are gained over time or by doing appropriate actions (eg. killing, healing). If a hero is the first to create a monument to that God, they'll Get large bonus, and become like 'leader' of that religion. Only 1 monument per god. Cannot be rebuilt. Killing a monument grants alot of bonus belief points, exp and maybe gold.
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:23 pm

I don't think they should have penalties.
Also, the idea of a -solo with a massive unmovable building still disturbs me, it would be too easy cake for others to destroy it, unless the solo who built it decides to camp near his statue to protect it. And we don't want that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path   Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rival Dynasties: A Hero's Path
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next