Welcome to Dj0zMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Dj0zMaps

Home of all my Starcraft and Warcraft maps

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
--- Halted mapping. ---

New concept: religions

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

New concept: religions Empty
PostSubject: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 9:15 am

That one is about the already mentioned concept of religions.
I just had an idea slightly different from what has already been proposed so let's discuss it here:
-There would be many gods.
-One dynasty can only worship 1 god (solos and kingdoms alike).

-That god would make prophecies, and you would need to build a temple (kingdoms) or go and see a medium (solos) to find out what your prophecy says.
-A prophecy could be something like:

*"From the sky, an angel of light will descend to save us when all hope will be lost."
*That would mean when your King dies, instead, he doesnt, and an ally angel comes briefly to slaughter your enemies.
or
*"And a Hero will be born, so strong that the rock itself will split to let him pass."
*That would mean your next Royal Children will be born with a huge bonus to strength.

-Different gods give out different prophecy types (that last one would be from Ares, God of War, for example).
-In addition, Kingdoms could train priests to give out blessings on the battlefield and such;
-Solos would be able to carry out religion-related quests, with religion based bonuses as reward.

So?
Back to top Go down
https://dj0zmaps.forumotion.com
manus100
Power poster
Power poster

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 12:02 am

TRIGGERS!!! Razz

okay, it sounds cool, i like it Very Happy

whot religion woud the gods come from?
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 12:19 am

Smile seems you like the concept.

The gods would be taken from any religion. I don't like limits lol.
I already thought of greek and roman religions, abit of norse too, and maybe indian, but you can always suggest other ones.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Chaos Colossus Helper (Colossus class)
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 1:14 am

Well I really like it. But if it's meant to be built at start it'll need big bonuses cause I seriously don'tplan on ruining my new strat cause of it Very Happy
Also, will you add "God"? Or Jesus?
I suggest not. I'm already annoyed by them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 1:18 am

Quote :
-A prophecy could be something like:

*"From the sky, an angel of light will descend to save us when all hope will be lost."
*That would mean when your King dies, instead, he doesnt, and an ally angel comes briefly to slaughter your enemies.
or
*"And a Hero will be born, so strong that the rock itself will split to let him pass."
*That would mean your next Royal Children will be born with a huge bonus to strength.
Might wanna add prices to different prophecies xD
Noobs might complain their prophecy was stupid cause they didn't... wait... not gold... Sacrifice animals!
Yeah they all need to sacrifice animals before they hear a prophecy.
0 animals=no prophecy. -1 animals (1 day no animals) = Death to a building etc
I'll tell you more when I can, I'm in a hurry now :/
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 12:16 pm

So... you must sacrifice animals to your God (you start when you make a beastiary) and the bonuses depend on how much and what you sacrifice.
A horse is worth 2 points, a wolf is 1 point, eagle 3 and gryphs 4. Every day your points get 1 down (and every night) and if they go under 0 something bad happens to you, depends how much - you are.
Let's say if your god is Ares and you have -15 (+,-) you get -75% attack and ms.
If zues, you lose resources or something.
Ex: If you have +100 points and your god is Ares, you get 55% attack and ms since yeah ares isn't really fair xD.
If you like the idea I'll post more. Now I gtg.
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 1:58 pm

The concept of points is nice. However since solos will be able to have religions too, i don't think the animal sacrifice will do (at least for them).
Let's just give each god his own personal style of worshipping:

-Ares (GoW): kill enemies, or attack someone. simple enough lol.
else, he makes some or your units neutral hostile.
-Anubis (God of Death): kill enemies or sacrifice citizens.
else, he kills some of your units.
-Thor (God of thunder): use the "make a party in his name" ability at the temple every day (costs gold and stuff). (solos would do that at a neutral priest).
else, he goes LOLRAPE on your buildings.
-<insert name here> (Goddess of prosperity): plant something new every day.
else, she burns down some of your plants.
etc.

Oh and i think you should also be able to go atheist (godless) anytime (like, you became too poor, you dont want Thor to smash your base to pieces).
However, that would be uncancellable, and when you do it, you will never get another opportunity to worship a god.

How does it all sound?
Back to top Go down
silent521
Chaos Colossus Helper (Fireball class)
silent521

Location : In La La land on tuesdays and atop the highest mountain on wensdays.

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 7:16 pm

Anubis is the egyptian god of the afterlife.
Osirus is the egyptian god of death.

Also all solos will go after Ares. Need to find a another way to give tribute to him other than killing, or make it where he only grants bonuses to the strongest hero. Like the one with most number of Player kills.
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:53 pm

To me Osirius is more about the renewal, fertility and resurrection, than death. I'd rather put Anubis there, or just go on to Hades if not everyone agrees with Anubis.

About solos, well, not necessarily, just need to make appropriate worshippings for the other gods imo.

I like the Blessed Champion concept, but it would require that at least 2 dynasties are worshipping this god, else it would be too easy once you know what religions others have picked.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 4:43 am

Yeah well I'm getting too confused so... I'll think later lol
I like the every god different tribute.
But I suggest you make... every player can do something to another player or do something to his own units. Sometimes you can't find dynasties that fast and you might lose your units until you do. So... for Ares maybe kill enemy units or sacrifice your own. Though ares is easy since you can also kill creeps to please him hehe.
Back to top Go down
silent521
silent521

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 3:09 pm

Creeps aren't worthy of Ares!
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:16 am

More like Ares ain't worth creeps xD he got pwned by kratos
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 3:33 am

Well let's say it's gonna be a different Ares lol.
Back to top Go down
manus100
Power poster
Power poster

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:24 am

lol xD poor Ares

Well Thor ftw xD
just so u know: u pray to Thor by killing a animal and hang it in a tree, while its still bleeeding, and stand naked under it Razz else have to burn stuff... this was irl old time of vikings
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 11:56 am

Hahah Zues gonna be different too?
Was funny how I stub him so many times yet when athena sacrificed herself he jumped so fast and high lolz
Back to top Go down
silent521
silent521

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 9:18 pm

So what are we done with subject? No more ideas? Mabye there should be an event when the gods come into the mortal realm, or mabye when one of your dynasty heros make it to max level they could sacrifice theirself to hold the spirit of their god. This would be a stronger hero with better powers, but their can be no more kings and stuff so if your incarnation of your god dies you lose. This would put your dynasty at risk because he is back to level one with no powers. Still, this time around he will grow more powerful than before. Each god would have a different way of acuiring energy to stay in this realm. Kinda like the vampire, but it is permantly going on. All abilities will require no mana and will only be limited to cool down. If the god runs outa mana he dies and game over. They can't equip anything except mabye a item that has to be recieved in some way. So for example the incarnation of Ares will have to kill units to replenish his mana and you will have to sacrifice 50 peasants to bring forth Ares's bronze spear. Only god's can equip godly weapons or armor. You can only make 2 different godly items, and only wear 3.
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:38 am

I like the core idea, but i rather make the gods temporarily "incarnated" (if thats a word) into your King, and they would be limited only by a timer (infinite hp), with no mana costs like you said.
I mean i don't think you should get weaker anyhow while becoming a God incarnate.
And that would be doable only once per god, and a Dynasty could incarn a god only once (e.g you've been ares incarnate, you cannot be any god incarnate anymore).

And they would have such extreme brute power that unless you're fighting real superior enemies, it should be enough for victory.
Wait, the timer would be able to be slowed down by doing stuff, like you suggested. Killing for ares, sacrificing your own units for <somegod>, not losing any unit while he's there for <somegod else>, etc...

And they would drop their godly items on the floor where they died, if they die? that would add to the fun, you could steal thor's hammer by "defeating" him?
Back to top Go down
silent521
silent521

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:42 am

Incarnated isn't a word i'm sure, but everyone makes up words so oh well. Honestly I just kinda made this up with actually thinking anybody would like it. This is because well nobody is like coming up with stuff, but your idea is more solid. The question only question I have is Should kings get to were godly items? If so how many? I don't want to see a fully equiped king smashing everybody. Also I don't want the items to destroy if they are lieing on the ground. They should either stay their or eventually move to a certain spot.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 1:23 pm

I like Dj's idea... everything's perfect. But why not add an avatar too?
Like the stygian colossus' avatar. Because if you have a god incarnate or shtg it is likely not to have another hero. so if he dies... and I'd suggest that the hero dies after the god leaves his body. So, units/avatars would be kooler xD
Also, if you choose ares as your god you can turn your men into his minions at some cost.
Back to top Go down
silent521
silent521

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:26 pm

Yea I don't think Ares has minions. Also I don't quite understand what you are talking about burn.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:52 am

Kay your problem then xD
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:11 am

We'll see later for the godly items, they are not a too important part of the concept anyways. Let's balance the gods and their religions before we add in the items.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:50 am

If you played GoW, you'd know that Ares has minions, silent. Atleast in GoW Very Happy
Guess we can assume that his army contains hellish minions as in GoW and hades' army is burning hellish minions xD
...My suggestion was that kings get an ability to turn units into a god's minions (the god of the dynasty) at some cost.
:/ think about it.
Back to top Go down
silent521
silent521

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:07 pm

Lol. GoW is a game. Sure it is based around greek mythology, but i'm sure no mortal has ever killed Ares. Plus if Ares didn't have minions in that game then who would slow you down so you could level up and stuff? Now hades has minions.
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:11 pm

What about priests instead of minions? and champions for higher level god soldiers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New concept: religions   New concept: religions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New concept: religions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Dj0zMaps :: WARCRAFT III - THE FROZEN THRONE :: ---Rival Dynasties--- :: Talk Zone-
Jump to: