Welcome to Dj0zMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Dj0zMaps

Home of all my Starcraft and Warcraft maps

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
--- Halted mapping. ---

Luxpillars

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Garanas
Flash Poster
Flash Poster
Garanas

Luxpillars Empty
PostSubject: Luxpillars   Luxpillars Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 11:32 am

The Luxpillars can now also be killed by creatures, like this Kj can just summon unit's around the village, or summon somewhere else, walk into the village and kill the Luxpilllar
this can be done in every village, or use some of his abilities that can kill 1 also
The Luxpilllar shouldn't be capable of getting killed by a non-Collossi unit (AKA a Non-Hero unit), becuase otherwise when your game is full of people who know the game,
you might be even capable of getting the Well in the time of the reinforcement, that quick it can go if you ask me =P

I should make the luxpillars, also only kill able (atleast the one in the towns) by a collossi.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Chaos Colossus Helper (Colossus class)
Burning_Iegion

Luxpillars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luxpillars   Luxpillars Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:54 am

Hmm... and maybe give them spell immunity or resistance?
KJ can summon units but he can't destroy them himself yet so he can't just spam units around pillars and destroy them. Soon he'll be able to unsummon (sthg like that) though... But after all, what are the defenders for?
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

Luxpillars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luxpillars   Luxpillars Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:10 pm

You both have pertinent points in your observations.

My point of view is that KJ is there to make up for what Colossi couldn't do themselves, as in killing that last pillar in a forgotten undefended village while all Colossi are already massed around the Well.
Since they can't really warp all over the map using the human's portals, for such easy yet crucial tasks, it's less painful in the gameplay to ba able to count on KJ or some fast summons to do that.

About spell immunity/resistance, it's a matter of personal taste: i like magical effects and stuff, and i find it sad that there's a common belief that powerful/important stuff should be immune to it.

In movies and stuff, most uberpowerful things are achieved through the use of wtfomg strong spells, why would you want them in games, to be done with swords and arrows only instead or deadly firestorms and flashy holy blasts?
Back to top Go down
https://dj0zmaps.forumotion.com
Garanas
Flash Poster
Flash Poster
Garanas

Luxpillars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luxpillars   Luxpillars Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 3:47 am

Burning_Iegion wrote:
Hmm... and maybe give them spell immunity or resistance?
KJ can summon units but he can't destroy them himself yet so he can't just spam units around pillars and destroy them. Soon he'll be able to unsummon (sthg like that) though... But after all, what are the defenders for?

yes, but defenders can't be everywhere, becuase there are in total 8 villages, and 4 towns, and just 4 defenders.
(ofc, first the 8 villages and then the towns, but still)
But, I actualy never played KJ yet, so just one small question

When Kj is trying to summon, can it be everywhere? or must it be close to a colossus?
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

Luxpillars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luxpillars   Luxpillars Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 5:04 am

Quote :
Everywhere except in 600 range of enemies I think, Gara.
And Dj, remember you can't cast RoC on pillars? I know I said spell immunity too but I actually meant that they should take reduced damage from spells Very Happy.
must be 900 or 1000 away from enemies actually.
Yea but the no-RoC-on-pillars is purely for balance, else you could just RoC the pillar (instakilling it, 30k damage vs a max of 8k hp) then jump out, and all the defense they had put there was for nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Luxpillars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luxpillars   Luxpillars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luxpillars
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Dj0zMaps :: WARCRAFT III - THE FROZEN THRONE :: ---Chaos Colossus--- :: Balance issues-
Jump to: